Eleven nominees from region 6 were chosen as regional winners in the 2017 Search for Outstanding Government Workers under the Honor Awards Program (HAP) spearheaded by the Civil Service Commission (CSC).
The HAP is an annual Search for exemplary public officials and employees and includes the following categories:
(1) Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award which is conferred to an individual or group for exceptional contributions resulting from an idea or performance that had nationwide impact on public interest, security, and patrimony;
(2) CSC Pagasa Award which is given to an individual or group for outstanding contributions resulting from an idea or performance that directly benefit more than one department of the government; and
(3) Dangal ng Bayan Award which is conferred to an individual for performance of an extraordinary act or public service and consistent demonstration of exemplary ethical behavior.
The HAP Regional Committee on Awards identified the following nominees as regional winners after careful deliberation of their accomplishments:
A. Presidential Lingkod Bayan
- Lastimoza, Lucia L, Professor II, West Visayas State University
- Sanogal, Ma. Lina P., Provincial Government Department Head, Provincial Government of Negros Occidental
B. Dangal ng Bayan
- Cornel, Delia B., Master Teacher I, Department of Education- Division of Bago City
- Marcial, Jose Kenedy P., Administrative Aide IV (Driver II), Local Government of Altavas, Aklan
- Lorque, Rosalina M., Social Welfare Officer II, Department of Social Welfare and Development RO VI
- Limates, Vilma G., Chief Administrative Administrative Officer, Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Guimaras)
C. CSC Pagasa
- Aggabao, Lynette D., Head Teacher I, Department of Education – Division of Capiz
- Aloro, Corazon P., Education Program Specialist II, Department of Education- Division of La Carlota City
- Galvez, Marilyn N., Principal III, Department of Education- Division of Negros Occidental
- Isada, Eleanor R., Municipal Government Department Head (HRMO V), Local Government of Kalibo, Aklan
- Sideño, Leydee F., Public Schools District Supervisor, Department of Education RO VI (Guimaras)
Said regional winners have undergone deliberation of accomplishments at the national level together with regional winners from other regions.